Exercise is the best way to start your day. Your mind and body get a kick start, much needed for the day-long struggle. Even if not going to the gym, you can do some easy exercises to help your muscles get rid of the laziness and get ready for the grind. Some of the easiest exercise options that everyone can do on their own are jumping jacks and dumbbell rows. Following simple steps with precision and clarity will help you perform these exercises without having the need to go to the gym. So, here are the right ways to do jumping jacks and dumbbell rows for the early birds that start the day with exertion.
The Right Way to Perform Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are the most basic yet very beneficial exercise that everyone can ace at home. You probably remember doing these at school when you thought it was just jumping around but it actually sets the cardiovascular base which will help you with other exercises as well. Executing a jumping jack is no rocket science but knowing the correct angles and postures still holds great importance. Here’s how you can execute a jumping jack perfectly:
- Step no. 1: Begin by standing upright with your arms at the sides and feet shoulder apart. Hold a relaxed posture with your head resting at rest without any force. Your back and pelvis should also be in a relaxed state without effort.
- Step no. 2: Next step is to gather your energy and jump off the ground. Just when you are a few inches above the ground, open your arms wide enough to equal your shoulder length. This hoping posture can be achieved by slightly bending your knees to jump off the ground.
- Step no. 3: Now, as you jump with your arms open, let your legs also open wide at least shoulder length. This width depends on your comfort and also your height. Do not exert much pressure on your joints while the leg extension. Let loose your joints to avoid injury.
- Step no. 4: After you jump with your arms and legs wide open, land back in the starting position. The same posture as you held in the beginning with your arms at the sides and feet shoulder apart.
- Step no. 5: Now keep repeating the previous four steps. Beginning with a 5-minute jumping jack warm up you can extend it to 20 minutes as you develop stamina and strength.
Doing jumping jacks first thing in the morning will help your body to start waking up faster and shake off the deep slumber you were in. It also encourages the release of endorphins which will put you in a better mood for the rest of the day.
The Right Way to Perform Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell rows are another beneficial yet simple form of exercise everyone can perform on their own. Although benefitting the whole body by activating multiple muscles in your shoulders, core, and arms, the dumbbell row is particularly a back exercise helping your spine to get stronger. Here is how to execute dumbbell rows perfectly:
- Step no. 1: The first step would be to grab a set of dumbbells and stand straight with your feet should width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent and chin straight.
- Step no. 2: Next step is to hinge your pelvis backward and set your upper body at around a 30-degree angle. Support this position with your feet strongly glued to the floor.
- Step no. 3: Now, start an upward body movement bringing the set of dumbbells closer to your pelvis.
- Step no. 4: Once, the dumbbells reach closer to your pelvis, maintain the position and slowly retract to the starting position from where you started.
- Step no. 5: Keep repeating the same steps according to your strength, beginning from 2-3 sets of repetition and gradually moving towards 10-12 sets of repetition.
Dumbbell exercises also help improve your posture which is incredibly helpful especially if you’re sitting down in an office chair all day. Start with small weights first and build it up slowly, after a while you’ll be able to handle lifting more wights and build your muscles up.
Couple the Jumping Jacks with Dumbbells
You can couple the jumping jacks with the dumbbells to feel the exertion. Hold a set of dumbbells of around 2 to 5 pounds and then perform jumping jacks. You can even increase the weights according to your body needs. This way you can multiply the impact of jumping jacks and strengthen your body. Be careful while trying this exercise especially if you’re a beginner. Know your body strength and work with it to slowly build up the needed strength to perform this exercise properly.
When you begin a routine of daily exercise, it will set a different tone on how you will be spending your whole day and ultimately your life. Even if you start with just 10 minutes of exercise, you will start noticing the difference it will make in your physical and mental health since out bodies were not made to sit still in one place.
After a while, you will get to know how your body works in a much better way and make an exercise routine tailored to your body’s needs. You won’t have the need to go to a gym everyday since after learning the equipment you need, you’ll be able to buy them yourself and create a small gym in your own home. Get started with a yoga mat, dumbbell set, kettlebells and maybe even a spinning bike, so you’ll make exercise a healthy part of your everyday life.
Exercise is a must for the early birds to kick start their day with the same zeal and energy. That can be done even without going to the gym. The easiest yet rewarding exercises would be jumping jacks and dumbbell rows. By following the above-mentioned easy steps you can perfectly execute jumping jacks and dumbbell rows on your own.