SwellWomen Nicaragua Surf & Yoga
With Lulu Agan ~ Chief Officer of Bliss
November 12 - 18, 2022
Nicaraguan Surf Haven
This adventurous surf & yoga retreat hosted at a boutique soulful eco-sanctuary challenges you to break away from your comfort zone in order to stoke your adventurous spirit and revitalize your mind, body, and soul. When you book your bliss, you score an all-access pass to soak up all that Nicaragua has to offer.
Your All-Inclusive SwellWomen Experience in Nicaragua includes:
- Six glorious nights in a PRIVATE ROOM with ensuite bathroom at a boutique eco-sanctuary reserved for only SwellWomen guests.
- All-inclusive organic meals & non-alcoholic beverages (some restrictions apply) inspired by an authentic fusion of Central American and Western cuisines.
- Surf Lessons: 5 x group surf lessons with professional, patient, and knowledgeable surf instructors.
- Independent surfers (can paddle and catch their own waves): 2 surf safaris per day with an experienced surf guide who will provide tips on the breaks and how to take your surfing to the next level.
- Daily yoga classes with a focus on opening and strengthening the muscle groups used for surfing & restoring the body after a day of surfing.
- Experience harmony and well-being with a professional spa massage by our on-site Therapist.
- Swag Bag which includes a complimentary Carve Designs SPF rash guard
Note: Gratuities are left to the discretion of the guest and based on their personal experience.
Not included: flights, airport transfers, excursions, and alcoholic beverages.
Travel Options: Please review the travel policy below. Lulu will arrange your airport transfers (group or private) with the cost shared between guests on group transfers.
Option 1: Book your flights to and from the Augusto C. Sandino Managua Airport (MGA) in Nicaragua to arrive at the resort on the first posted retreat date BEFORE 4 PM local time and depart on the last posted retreat date. The travel distance from the airport is approximately 2 1/2 hours, so please book your flights accordingly. Check-in is at 2:00 pm and check-out is at 11:00 am. Airport transfers are not included in your retreat package, however, upon completing your registration, please send your flight details and we’ll coordinate a driver to pick you up along with any other guests that arriving at about the same time. NOTE: when flying into Managua you are only allowed 2 electronics including your cell phone. Drones are NOT permitted.
Option 2: Book your flights to and from the Liberia Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica to arrive at the resort on the first posted retreat date BEFORE 4 pm local time and depart on the last posted retreat date. Liberia airport has great connections and the transfer takes about an hour longer than MGA. The border crossing can be as quick as 15min or take up to an hour depending on the day and/or traffic. Border control/immigration is open from 6 am until midnight. Please estimate 4 hours of travel when landing in LIR to arrive at the resort. Airport transfers are not included in your retreat package, however, upon completing your registration, please send your flight details and we’ll coordinate the complete door-to-door transfer including border crossing personalized assistance to pick you up along with any other guests that arriving at about the same time. Private transfer approx $200 each way.
A Very Swell Day
How do we fit so much into one day? By taking care of all the details so that you can truly enjoy your holiday.
- 7:00am Grab a coffee or tea
- 7:30am – 9:30 Surf Lesson or Safari (time will change each day as it’s based around the tides)
- 10:00am Breakfast when you get back from lessons
- 2:00pm Yoga
- Lunch any time your heart desires
- Activities vary in the afternoon and include; free time, massage time, optional afternoon excursions, recreational surfing, and lounging by the pool or beach.
- Independent surfers – afternoon surf safari
- 6:30pm Group Dinner
“Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.” – Bethany Hamilton Surfing, yoga, cooking and wellness: these 4 passions are what lead Lulu Agan, globe-trotting surfer and yogini, to SwellWomen which launched in 2003. Having spent more than a decade as a Private Chef and more recently getting certified as a Health & Wellness Coach with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, Lulu cultivates a great knowledge and enthusiasm for top-quality cuisine that promotes glowing health, from the inside out. As a supportive mentor and wellness authority, she works with clients to help them…
Learn more about Lulu Agan ~ Chief Officer of Bliss