Our Chief Officer of Bliss, Lulu Agan, shares one of her signature dessert recipes that is guaranteed to impress any holidays guests. It’s a cross between a souffle and fondant cake – but it’s 100% delicious!
Warm Chocolate Truffle Cakes
Full recipes makes 12, recipe can easily be cut in half to make 6
You can make the batter 1 hour before guests arrive and bake just before serving.
- 10oz dark good quality chocolate, chopped
- 5oz butter
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 T caster (superfine) sugar
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Powered Sugar for garnish
- Raspberries (3 each)
- Strawberries (1 each, fanned)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Spray silicon cups with non-stick spray
- Place chocolate & butter in a saucepan and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Place eggs, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and with an electric mixer beat until thick, pale – it should ripple. (5-7 minutes)
- Fold through chocolate mixture until well combined and then pour into cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cakes are just set. VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO OVER COOK.
- Turn mini cake over on a plate and serve warm with gelato, berries, sift powered sugar over warm cakes, & garnished with mint sprig
- Any leftovers, chill and you can nuke for about 10-15 seconds until just warm and soft again.
Leave a Reply